YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Review: Happy Dog Box

*Edited on 6/27* After speaking with Happy Dog Box and requesting that they send me the missing item (Dynamo Grain-Free Treats) and having them refuse (they only wanted to send it in his second box, since shipping costs are "too high"), I no longer support Happy Dog Box. It was their mistake, leaving out the treats and they should've offered to send them out right away. I will leave my review as is below, but do not and will not recommend this subscription service because if they couldn't be bothered to send out a missing item, I wouldn't trust their CS to solve even bigger issues. When I messaged them again (on their website's IM service), they didn't respond, but when I opened up a new chat box in a new window and started a chat, they responded immediately. How rude is that?

I have cancelled my subscription as of yesterday and will be disputing the charge as well. It's a shame, because the products themselves were of a high quality- but their customer service is clearly lacking. For a new subscription service, this is absolutely NOT the way to get started.

In addition, if you get one of these twisty bully sticks, PLEASE watch your dog while he's chowing down. I heard a coughing noise coming from Oscar and had to pull it out of his mouth and throat. Had I not been there, he would've surely choked. This goes for all bully sticks and chew treats of that sort.

Oscar and his Happy Dog Box!
I am very proud to present my first dog box review! I discovered Happy Dog Box when a friend told me they were having a deal! I was able to get my first Happy Dog Box for FREE and only paid $4.99 for shipping. The boxes are normally $29.99 per month, which is still less than the $40 average that pet owners spend on treats and toys per month! I ordered my box on June 19th and got it today, June 26th, so very quick shipping compared to other subscription boxes.

My boyfriend and I are new dog owners! We adopted Oscar the Boston Terrier a little over a month ago, from Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue. They are a great rescue to work with and found us the perfect little pup. He's 1 1/2 years old and we love the heck out of him!

Here's what we got:

Tadah!
Descriptions of the products and companies in the June box!

Pet Kelp Kelpies (Pumpkin Point) Nutritional Treats for Dogs
These look really good! I see "kelp" and automatically think healthy, so who doesn't want a healthy dog? However, when I looked at the back of the package at the ingredients, I noticed that they contained oat flour, which is a no-no for Oscar's grain-free diet. *sad face.* However, we'll gift this to the dogs at his rescue! :) I'm sure they'll love them!




Jolly Pets "Monster Mouth" Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
This is MY favorite thing in the box. First of all, how scary-cute is it?! Secondly, Monsters University came out this month, so how fitting is it?! Anyways, Oscar only has the typical Kong, so this should be fun for him! This toy hides a treat and encourages play and it also massages gums! Win-win, right? Rawr!



Okay- how awesome are these shapes? They're basically like gingerbread cookies for dogs! These biscuits contain all-natural ingredients without preservatives or additives. They are cut by hand too! These biscuits contain spelt flour and oats and tons of veggies! We'll be giving these to Oscar's rescue as well. They look so yummy, but we have to keep him on the grain-free plan! 



Earth Rated Poop Bags (Dispenser + 15 bags)
I did a little happy dance when I saw the poop bags and the dispenser! Seriously, as a new dog mom, I never realized how FAST you go through poop bags! Holy cow. So in my mind, a dog parent can NEVER have enough poop bags! These are good for the environment too and even smell like lavender! Love.



Barkworthies Curly Beef Pizzle
So, I have to admit, I didn't know what these "pizzle" sticks were made out of until recently. Bully and pizzle sticks are pretty nicknames for um...private parts. I was a more than a little horrified when I found out, but Oscar loves them! Yech! Anyways, these are from free range, grass fed cattle, which is always a plus. This was by far, Oscar's favorite thing in the box! The proof is in the pictures:

OMG Mom, I know what this is! Gimme!
Nomnomnoms.

All in all, we loved this box! Although the treats aren't grain-free, we loved the other items in the box! There will be some very happy Bostons at MWBTR who will enjoy the treats!

(Side note: I believe we are missing the Cloud Star Dynamo Dog Functional Treats, but we have contacted the company to see what can be done about this! These ARE grain-free, so we're hoping we get to try them!)

To try a Happy Dog Box for yourself, check out their website, like their Facebook page, or follow them on Instagram!

Love,
K & Oscar

(Follow Oscar on Instagram- thebostonnamedoscar and see a video of him nom-noming on his pizzle stick!)

2 comments:

  1. We had Boston Terriers growing up & my nephew is on his second one. They're wonderful dogs - especially for kids. And that fact you got a rescue dog is great. There are so many great pets out there waiting to be adopted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is so cute! Did you get the small version? We got 1 medium and 1 large. I canceled my sub because I am not sure the value is there, and I don't believe they are giving size appropriate treats. You can check my review out if you want!
    Review At Mom's Got Mail

    ReplyDelete